Tibet Overland tour combine Everest Base Camp.
This fascinating two week cultural tour of Tibet takes travellers to many of the region’s most important monasteries that stand at high altitude overlooked by some of the tallest mountain peaks on the planet, including the indomitable form of Mount Everest.
A visit to Everest Base Camp by road provides further insight into the legendary tales that swirl around the mountain like Himalayan clouds with initial acclimatisation in Lhasa allowing travellers to get used to the altitude above 3650m.
Chances to meet pilgrims and monks making their way over mountain trails en-route to Buddhist monasteries and the seasonal palaces of the Dalai Lama conjure visions of life in Tibet untouched by the modern world with your final destination, Kathmandu, further adding to cultural enlightenment.
This two week small group tour is a must for anyone looking to become immersed within the mountains, culture and religion of Tibet on an easy going experience that’s also great value for money.
Day 1: Arrival in Lhasa
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel. Tourists may view the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Bhamaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river on their way to Lhasa.
After arriving in Lhasa, you can take a rest and get acclimatized to high altitude. If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala Square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different colors and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2: Lhasa Tour - Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street (B, D)
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai lama. It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet. The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century. Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve. Outside, you can see pilgrims making prostrating in front of Jokhang Temple. Around the temple is Barkhor street, where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, and explore the old market.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
A group of foreign travelers visit Potala Palace
Visiting Jokhang Temple with our local guide will help you get a better understanding about Tibetan culture and religion.
Day 3: Lhasa tour - Drepung Monastery,Sera Monastery(B)
In the morning ,you are going to visit Drepung monastery which is one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples. You can visit biggest monastery kitchen inside the monastery and enjoy Buddhist Sculpture Carving workshop near Drepung.
In the Afternoon, Tourists will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet. The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon. In addition, you can tour the Tibetan religious scripture printing house; inside the monastery, you can see three sand Mandalas and colorful Rock Painting of Buddha.
Stay overnight in Lhasa
The spectacular vista of Drepung Monastery
Monk Debate is a highlight of Sera Monastery
Day 4: Lhasa (3650m) to Shigatse(3900m) via Gyantse (B)
In the morning, drive from Lhasa to Shigatse .On the way, drive over the Gampala pass (4790 m), and you will have a glimpse of Yamdrok-tso (4400m) .The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountains and in the distance you can have spectacular views of Holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar, (7191m) the highest mountain near Lhasa .
Later, we will pass and enjoy the Korola Glacier on the roadside; At Manak Dam Lake, you can hang pray flag at Simila Mountain Pass; Then, we will arrive in Gyantse, historically Tibet's third largest city (after Lhasa and Shigatse).In Gyantse, we will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum and enjoy the Far view of Gyangtse Fortress.
After one and a half driving, we arrive in Shigatse, which is the second largest city in Tibet. In Shigatse, we may visit traditional Barley Mill and view the landscape of Barley Field (in summer).
Stay overnight in Shigatse
- Bathing in sunshine, Yamdrok lake is dispalying its dazzling beauty to visitors both home and abroad.
- A great view of Palkhor Monastery
Day 5: Shigatse(3900m) to EBC (5200m) via Tingri (B)
7:AM morning, we will visit the home of Panchan Lama - Tashilunpo Monastery. Then, we’ll leave Shigatse after getting your Alien’s travel permit, and then drive to Lhatse, it is a small town where you can have lunch.
After that, we will pass Tsola Pass(4600M), and Gyatsola Pass(5248M). Shortly after we enter Mt. Everest National Nature Reserve, tourists can enjoy the panorama of Himalaya at Gawula Pass(5198m).Then we drive along the New zigzag road to Everest Base Camp(5200m). You can get closer to gazt at the Mt. Everest peak. The sunset of golden Everest peak if time and weather permits at the lodging area.
Stay overnight at Rongbuk monastery guest house.
- Mount Everest as seen from the Rongbuk Monastery - the highest monastery in the world
- Take a life-time trip to Everest Base Camp with local guide
Day 6: EBC to Gyirong Border 370km
In the morning, you can appreciate the sunrise of Everest Peak if weather permits at the lodging area and then visit the Rongbuk Monstery - the unique highest monastery with nuns and monks living together. Later, we can visit the Everest Base Camp and take pictures of Mt. Everest at the closes distance in EBC.
After that, we can drive from EBC to Kyirong/TATOPANI border. On the way, tourists can enjoy breathtakign vista of Mt. Shishapangma and the Pekutso Lake. After passing the Ghungtang Lhamo(5236M), we will arrive in Kyirong in late afternoon.
Stay overnight in the guesthouse in Kyirong
- It will be a once-in-a-lifetime chance to take photos against Mt.Everest.
- Enjoy your group tour to Everest Base Camp
Day 7: Gyirong to Nepal border(B)
Tour Guide will assist the clients to exit China. And see clients off at Gyirong border. End the services at the border.
Transfer from Gyirong to Kathmandu (not included in package; You need to pay extra if clients request: public bus transfer 30-60 USD/person ; private vehicle around 300 USD/vehicle.)
Fixed Deaprture 2019:
01 Jan,10 Jan,16 Jan , 20 Jan, 26 Jan, 02 Feb,10 Feb, 29 Mar, 03 April, 11 Apr,15 April, 22 April ,28 April, 03 may, 10 May,19 May , 26 May, 7 June, 15 June, 20 Jun,26 June, 02 July, 11 Jul, 20 Jul, 29 July, 04 Aug, 10 Aug ,20 Aug,28 Aug, 3 Sep , 10 Sep, 17 Sep ,20 Sep,25 Sep,06 Oct ,11 Oct, 16 Oct,20 Oct , 25 Oct, 29Oct , 04 Nov , 10 Nov,15 Nov, 23 Nov, 02 Dec, 14 Dec , 22 Dec , 26 Dec 2019
- Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
- All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as specified in the itinerary;
- Local tour Transfers, 5-29 seats comfortable Tourist Vehicle according to Group Size.;
- Knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide shared in your group;
- Comfortable Hotel Accommodations;
- Service Charge & Government Taxes;
- The above tour price does not include single room supplement. If you are a solo traveler, you need to share one room with another tourist (same sex in most cases);
- if you prefer to stay in one room by yourself, you will have to pay the single room supplement. And the exact price depends on market fluctuation in high and off season of Tibet tour. For the exact price, please refer to your travel consultant.
- Arrangements include planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Welcome Dinner in local restaurant when group members meet in Lhasa
- Free Airport shuttle transfer between Lhasa Gongar airport and Hotel on designated time.
- Tibet Handy Map
- One shared big Oxygen tank in the car;
- International flight to and out of China;
- Domestic flight/train to and out of Lhasa. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price, please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
- Lunches and dinners are not included, please pay on site by yourself.; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
- Tips to tour guide and driver, you are suggested to tip them 7 USD/day in total.;
- Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, Insurance etc.
7 Days Lhasa to Kathmadu Overland Tour
This fascinating two week cultural tour of Tibet takes travellers to many of the region’s...Read More...
Mount Kailash Tour
Mt. Kailash means precious mountain and its associated Lake Mansarovar could be considered the most...Read More...
Tibet Tour Combine Everest Basecamp
The trip provides an opportunity to experience life styles of Tibetan people, Monasteries, caves, traditional place...Read More...
- Trip Duration : 7 days
- Trip Grade : Pleasure